O4 dvd swap or upgrade ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris77

Reaction score
Is there any way to swap out DVD player in my o4 for a newer version that will play all movies. Looking to see if I can just change guts in unit.

03 exp

Reaction score
Following! Mine is shot need to upgrade, don’t know which direction to go or how to !

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well problem with oem units, is Ford builds in some sort of failsafe, that's makes you scoot back to dealer to buy same broken unit, or gut it completely. Either its the impedance of speakers, or some compatibility issues. Their no dummies, their engineer's design it purposely that way. Company's like Crutchfield study it and sometimes but not always find plugs and adapters that allow fusion with existing audio head unit, or DVD. Bottom line I found we are audio scientists experimenting, does it sound/look better visually, or did it dip in performance?Personally I've always loved bringing audio to higher levels. I've been an Audiophile for over 45 years, and always say, I wonder would that improve it. It's always a gamble. Part of the fun! If doesn't work return it, or sell it and move on. Sort of like our SUVs!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire