OBD2 not communicating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joanne

Reaction score
my OBD2 is not communicating with the computer but I have 12.6 volts. anyone know the next step i can try? it runs like a champ.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
my OBD2 is not communicating with the computer but I have 12.6 volts. anyone know the next step i can try? it runs like a champ.
check the fuses.

Welcome to the forum

OP
OP
J

Joanne

Reaction score
ive looked in the manual and online there are no fuses for the OBD@ this is a 2017 year model.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have ignition or acc mode on when testing?

Are you sure the device is fully connected (bottomed out) and straight into the vehicle port?

Have you tested the device you are trying to use with another ford ODBII vehicle to ensure it is fully functional?

Have you tried another ODBII device, known to work on other Ford vehicles on this vehicle?

Are there any pins bent, missing or damaged either on the cable connector or ODBII connector port?

OP
OP
J

Joanne

Reaction score
It did not pass at the car inspection place twice. I also tried a device and it didn’t work. The ford dealer is saying $515.00 for a new dash harness

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ive looked in the manual and online there are no fuses for the OBD@ this is a 2017 year model.
Check all fuses to see if any are blown. Everything in your vehicle runs off a fuse somewhere.
Do you have anything else that does not work?

OP
OP
J

Joanne

Reaction score
As far as I know everything works. Ok I will try all the fuses. Thank you so much!!!

OP
OP
J

Joanne

Reaction score
Well I took it to the dealership they said it was a fleet vehicle before I owned it and they put a tracker on it and that’s why. So they bypassed it and did my inspection and it passed. Crazy!!