Offroad lights question!!!!!

What should I get next?????????

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I got a new battery, I'm not sure what big o put in it:p! I'm going to get a high out put alternator soon!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go trade it in and get a yellow top anything. so its deep cycle included. that will help with any problems you have from drawing a lot of power. and a ho alt will help. but its only as effective as the wireing. so do the big 3 and keep the stock cable there too. itll help. once i get the pesos im going to buy a bunch of 0 gauge and do that. still cant find the engine ground! GERRR!!!:mad:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what the hell? what tires you running? time to upgrade soon? get something more off road worthy!

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah they still had quite a bit of tread left too! I was to do a 3 inch lift and 35s so im saving up for that! they were goodyear a/t 265/70/r17

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
really? weird. i never herd of those blowing up. what were doing? going about 50 and hit a rock?

kustomiser

Reaction score
most late model fords with the 150 amp alternator have 23-25 amps in reserve .on the police packages all extra equipment that is used in the car( lightbars radios, camera systems etc ) the amp draws are combined. around 25 -30 on cars with led bars and can be up to 65-70 on cars with the old style strobe bars. every amp that is above the reserve amount comes from the battery. just a few years ago it was not uncommon to see police and fire units quit running from dead batteries when on scene for an extended period of time just because of the draw on the batteries and the alternators not able to keep up

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey thanks. so i guess big 3 and or HO alt is in store! haha i need my music first. maybe do the dual battery that tonydiv did a write up on.

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, that write up looks nice Ill probably get started on the dual batteries and ho alt as soon as i get some money:) let me know if any of you guys are heading up here to go offroading id love to check out your expys and tag along! I think im heading out to the mojave next month:D