"offroad" tires on a 16" rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

callee11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok Im thinking of going a different route with my Expy..... thinking of a more aggressive look.... its a 97 2wd but im wanting to know whats the biggest size a/t type tires I can put on it without having to lift it ?.... I see this question allot on here for the 4wds but couldnt find any answers on 2wd.... im looking at using my stock rims just want taller/wider tires on it... sorry if this question is dumb but Ijust dont know much about offroading.... I dont really plan to do any major mudding or anything just cause it is 2wd but mainly going for a certain look..... thanks for the imput in advance

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
265/75 will fit well, I'm not sure how the 285/75 will work with the 2wd. Either size will work with the stock rims.

OP
OP
callee11

callee11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys... think ill go with the 265.... now to find some decent ones at a good price lol thats gonna be the tough part

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have Michelin 275/70-16's on my 2000 2WD no problems with rub or clearance.
I have never looked at my clearances in full lock position but I would think the 285's would work.