Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zmorrow

Reaction score
I looked in my owners manual, and for my 2000 EB expo, 5.4L, it says 6 quarts of oil, this includes the oil filter. Well I changed my oil last night, and when I am done changing it, I put the old oil back in the new bottles that are now emptied in the car. I only filled up 4.5 bottles out of 6. Did I put too much oil in my truck?

Zach

wickman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check the oil level before you drained it? You might have been low. Always check the dipstick when you fill it. Overfilling is not good.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always stick in 5, then measure to see how much of the 6th one I need. Most of the time

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ford Modular motors are known to use some oil.... you are probably a bit low when it comes time to change the oil....

Matt R

2003expo

Reaction score
I just had an oil change done at the dealer yesterday. It's hard to tell, but it looks like it is too full on the stick to me. I had the tech check it before I left last night and he said it was because it was just done, but it wasn't like they just pulled it out of the bay and brought it around. We are taking it back in right now to see what they say. It looked to me like it was over the max hole. I would like it under that.

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That has always been the case with both our 5.4L and the 4.6 in my Thunderbird. 'Tis normal, like it was said before. If it bugs you, check your level every few weeks and add if needed.

I've always added 6 qts with no issues, just like the manual says.