Oil cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crowncrazy87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to have to get in and replace the gasket on my oil filter adapter here soon because somehow or another one of the bolts holding the adapter on went missing :think: , my only guess here is when I put it all back on back last year is that I missed torquing that one down :shakehead:.

Well I know on my old Crown Vic (police interceptor) with the 4.6 had an oil cooler that ran off of the oil filter adapter so my question is, is there an oil cooler set up like this available that would be a direct bolt on for the 5.4 in my '02 2wd Expy?

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you should be able to put one in, since mine came with one factory. There is plenty of space in front of the radiator. The factory Tow package had the tranny cooler and the oil cooler installed.

OP
OP
C

crowncrazy87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expy has the factory receiver hitch installed. I only saw two coolers up front though. One was the trans cooler and the other I traced the lines to be power steering. So I should be able to junk yard find the factory adapter for the engine oil cooler since some did have it then buy the actual core and lines new(not fond of used core and lines).

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oiling System

one of if not the nicest set ups out there. MMR makes some nice stuff my friend is running the relocate and cooler kits on his 700 plus whp cobra with zero issues even in the Tex'ass heat.

OP
OP
C

crowncrazy87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are some nice systems but I am just looking for a stock set up.

I have seen these modular engines with the stock engine oil coolers (in the crown vic world) well outlast the ones without the engine oil coolers. I mean it makes sense that if you keep your engine oil cooler it wil help the oil better do its job as well as helps the engine cooling system work a bit better as well.