2016 XLT - No Transmission cooler before road trip in 100* heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Trainmaster I installed a transmission cooler on our Honda Odyssey however the need for a specialized tool kept me from attempting it on the Expy. That and I couldn't find a step by step walk-thru so I had our mechanic do it.

holeintheice

Reaction score
Say, same question. I have a 14. Hauling 4k out to Colorado here in 4 weeks for Elk hunting. I see there is a Aux cooler on it. Now if you look where it mounts there looks to be 2 other bigger coolers that could fit in there? Anyone know what a P/N might be to fit in there? Sure i will be ok going slow through the mountains but, would like the keep it cool. Thanks, Tom.

Snidley53

Reaction score
I also have a 2016 XLT though it is an EL with the tow package. Just got rid of our travel trailer, fully loaded it weighed 6000 lbs. When heading out west went over Wolf Creek Pass and the transmission temp never went over 212 degrees. Never gave us a bit of trouble.

MidnightBruce

Reaction score
I have a 2016 EL XLT w/3.73 tow package. Recently it blew the seal on the aux cooler lines on the side of the trans. Fluid everywhere. Replaced the 4 large seals for $15 and it's dry.

That being said, 102k miles and no other issues. Temps stay under 210 under harsh conditions. Arizona heat is no joke. Full synth Ford fluid with Lucas trans additives. Trans shifts great.

Get the factory Aux cooler and lines. It's a great way to keep pulling temps stable for a fairly low cost.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire