Oil Pan Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MooseAg03

Reaction score
So the starter died the other day…. While I was under there wrestling it out to swap fit, I noticed this on the oil pan. This is on the driver’s side directly behind the drip shield that the oil filter drips all over when you’re changing the oil. Does this just look like I did a terrible job cleaning after the last oil change? It doesn’t drip actively on the ground at all. The other side of the pan is bone dry. During my next oil change I won’t be lazy and I’ll raise it so I can clean all this gunk off. Has anyone else had to replace their oil pan gasket?
88D22B72-4F11-44DF-BBF5-55B1723A2C0D.jpeg

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spay some brake clean or some cleaner on it and see if it repeats.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The oil pan gasket on my '11 went in 2015. As above, clean it off and monitor it closely going forward.

OP
OP
M

MooseAg03

Reaction score
This turned out to be the oil filter adaptor gasket for the second time. I had to replace it with about 140K on the odometer and now at 250K it started leaking again. This time I took the housing completely out and scrubbed it down really well to hopefully get a better seal.