One piece intake manifold plenum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003FordGuy

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a 1 piece (upper and lower integrated manifold) I take manifold? Of so, is it a direct fit? I have a vacuum leak on the lower intake manifold gasket. I was looking around for a new plastic manifold and only found a truck 1 piece manifold. Thanks.

Screenshot_20180508-235211_Samsung Internet.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lower intake ford manifolds are available both online, Ebay or through Ford. Most if not all of Forum members have experienced issues with aftermarket manifolds, in particular Dorman. Whatever you install be sure to torque properly, as their easy to crack if you don't.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
2003FordGuy

2003FordGuy

Reaction score
Well, don't use that part number if you do. (That's for a 4.6L car motor...).
I would recommend the OEM Motorcraft part:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-Ford-F-Series-E-Series-Expedition-5-4L-V8-Intake-Manifold-2L1Z9424AA/261590964834?fits=Make:Ford|Model:Expedition&epid=21017009022&hash=item3ce8095a62:g:bYYAAOSw-jhUEf33
If you're going to all the trouble to replace it, use the best parts available. Replace that heater hose under the manifold too while you're in there.

-Mike
Well that's the engine I have, 4.6. Lol

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, ok. I'm still not sure that's a plug and play part for the Expeditions (it's listed as a car version ...). You'll probably find vacuum fittings or other things missing or not in the right place, or the lower half a little different. Is your current manifold cracked ? Do you think a new gasket set will fix the leak ?

OP
OP
2003FordGuy

2003FordGuy

Reaction score
I haven't been able to verify if there is a crack on the lower manifold. Been extremely busy lately. I've sprayed starting fluid one edge where cyl 1 is at and the idle stumbles so I assume the vacuum leak is in that area.

Ltmax

Reaction score
Most likely you only need new lower intake gaskets. They are pretty cheap and not too bad of a job to replace. Wouldn't waste my time getting a new intake until the old one is off and inspected. 90% of the time the intake is ok but sometimes the aluminum crossover pipe can corrode pretty badly around the gasket surface so if it's been slowly consuming coolant you may have to replace that while it's apart or sand it back to flat and smooth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2003FordGuy

2003FordGuy

Reaction score
Most likely you only need new lower intake gaskets. They are pretty cheap and not to bad of a job to replace. Wouldn't waste my time getting a new intake until the old one is off and inspected. 90% of the time the intake is ok but sometimes the aluminum crossover pipe can corrode pretty badly around the gasket surface so if it's been slowly consuming coolant you may have to replace that while it's apart or sand it back to flat and smooth.
Coolant level is good. Never had to refill it. It due for a fluid change though. So I'll just find a good time to remove the intake and replace the gaskets. Thanks for the advice guys.