only left half of my dash lights work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick8102

Reaction score
so I finally got my expy running and it works well for the most part aside from a few minor things the biggest currently is only the left half of my dash lights are working any ideas what this could be?

also my battery light comes on if i turn the headlights on and it will flicker on and off periodically any ideas on this also?

Thanks,
Nick

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a single behind-dash light that is intermittent (the rest work as they should)...drives me crazy. If I smack the dash it will come on hahahaha

Free bump!

hortonguy

Reaction score
if only half the lights are out you probably just need to change the bulbs in the cluster not a hard job just did mine in my 98

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
agreed, simply bulbs in dash burnt out from the sounds of it.

And spend the bit of extra money and get a good quailty high output set, and replace all of them, both in the dash and in the heater controls.

Well worth the money

Not too sure about the battery light though. My first guesses without further information would be either a weak battery or a weak alternator. Or maybe regulator...

Your local parts store can test these all (the alternator and regulator should be off the truck for them to test) to pinpoint which, if any, need replacing.