Opinions on trim color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer that is green with tan trim. I am looking to differentiate mine from all the others around my town. I was considering plasti dipping the trim black but am unsure on how it would look. I have not found any pics of this being done with my color scheme. Has anyone seen it done or done it themselves??? I plan on doing the running boards and everything that is tan on outside of truck.

Well I was gonna attach a pic of my truck but cant figure out how to do it from my phone.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Download Tapatalk, it's only 3 bucks and makes uploading pics a breeze. My phone wouldn't let me upload pics either, that's why I downloaded it.

As for the trim, that's the beauty of plasti-dip, if you don't like the results just peel it off. I'd do the trim on 1 door & see how you like it.

Sent from my Bag Phone using Tapatalk 2

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I blacked out all my trim but not the chrome on my bumper on my EB, looks pretty damn good. But mine is red. AaaronLG did his too including the bumper, and its green.. I;ll post up a pic of his.

Aaron's......... All black trim
4672d1335189802-few-updates-heads-tails-tires-plastidip-system-photo-apr-22-8-29-41-pm.jpg

4674d1335189893-few-updates-heads-tails-tires-plastidip-system-photo-apr-22-8-29-05-pm.jpg

Mine............ I left the chrome on the bumper....

IMG_1913-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
EXPI2000

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx for the input...like the way tje green exp looks but I will probably keep the chrome too

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I would go ahead and black it out, I did my mirror caps and door trim. Its an XLT so no wheel trim, but I like black over chrome or tan any day. Just haven't had time or conducive weather to do the bumpers.