Opinions please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marvo75

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok folks I'm new here and have a ton o questions. First off i am about a week from buying a used expedition,i am not sure of year and all that good stuff as i am looking still online. My first question is, i hear a lot of people have coil pack issues,is this common? Second are there and certain years that have certain problems? My wife really likes the Eddie Bauer models but I'm looking to probably put a lift and 35's on it in the fall or next year. Are there certain models that are easier to lift? For now it's just find one in great shape and haul the family around ...all the mods will come next year more than likely besides a flip up DVD screen/player. And last but not least i noticed these get crazy high miles...Like i have spotted a bunch with 220-300k!!! So is one with 140k still a good dependable SUV still? And opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the lower the mileage the better. but these things are tanks. and cop issues are very common. they dont like to be wet. so dont have the hood open when its raining. a tire shop did that to mine and blew out my #2 coil. the easiest to lift is a 4x4 1st gen. 97-02. its also cheaper to do too. the most common thing here with the EB edition is the color. most people black out the arizona baige color. to fit 35s on the 1st gens you torsion crank put a spacer in the rear and 2-3 inch body lift. waalaa enough room. also theres a mod that you can do to make more power for $15. its called the gotts mod. look it up on google and/or look it up on here. any more questions just post. theres a lot of people that will respond.

jwc9

Reaction score
I would not settle on a high mileage unit. I just purchased my first Expy. It is a 1999 Eddie Bauer one owner with 59000 miles on it. Got it for $8900. I have seen one 99 with 18000 miles but they were wanting $12000. I didnt think it was worth that much more for 40000 less miles. Keep looking yours is out there. I am not sure but you may want to stay away from the air suspension models like mine as I have heard they are harder to do lifts. Someone else here will know if thats true.

99ebexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a 99 eb 4x4 as well with the air ride. i hate it. it is always pumping. to bouncy. but im getting a conversion kit soon.

ZentineZ

Reaction score
98 eb

i have a 98 eb il sell ya with 152000 for 4000. Perfect condition. new rims and tires and some interior stuff.

ZentineZ

Reaction score
98 eb

no prob. good luck. If i was gona buy one the eb have a air ride susp. I havnt had any problems just replaced the air compresor but I would get one with out the air. Just if i bought another one again.