Ordered a cat back exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never had a Ford OEM exhaust rot out or leak and up until my move to Virginia last fall all my driving was in areas with heavy snow and road salt. If they're mild steel and not a stainless alloy they've done well.

-- Chuck
I live in Massachusetts and have gone through many ford exhausts and manifolds.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Close to the sea? There's a salt mine under Lake Erie off Cleveland where I lived most of my adult life and salt on the roads was very liberal -- but Massachusetts tends to be much more liberal.

-- Chuck
Imo they do a crap job in ma with the roads. Very little salt or sand. Oldpaddy being on the cape I would imagine is close to the ocean but I'm not at all

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Imo they do a crap job in ma with the roads. Very little salt or sand. Oldpaddy being on the cape I would imagine is close to the ocean but I'm not at all
Rust is an issue on the cape. Some mornings you can taste the salt in the air. My manifolds on my '14 already look bad. I fully expect to have to replace them within a few years. I'll go with stainless when that happens. Preferably headers.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Rust is an issue on the cape. Some mornings you can taste the salt in the air. My manifolds on my '14 already look bad. I fully expect to have to replace them within a few years. I'll go with stainless when that happens. Preferably headers.
I did my passanger side last summer and it was a slow process but I got it done. I wouldn't wait too long though if I were you. As they get older they become way more difficult. Ford also offers stainless studs and nuts so you'll never have to do them again

david_jr

Reaction score
I just ordered the Gibson Cat-back SS system for my 08. Toyed with the Walker SS but talked myself out of it. Paid $500 for the Gibson through Amazon. Ordered last night so not to late to cancel I hope if anyone has nightmare stories about them please spit now. Wish I had seen this thread first. BTW did they drag that Walker muffler to your house JExpedition07?

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I just ordered the Gibson Cat-back SS system for my 08. Toyed with the Walker SS but talked myself out of it. Paid $500 for the Gibson through Amazon. Ordered last night so not to late to cancel I hope if anyone has nightmare stories about them please spit now. Wish I had seen this thread first. BTW did they drag that Walker muffler to your house JExpedition07?
Gibson is generally good quality and I know a bunch of people that love their exhaust.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev