organizing/storage ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obonaven

Reaction score
I'm wondering how/what everyone is using to organize their Expeditions? I've had this vehicle for about two weeks now but couldn't really do anything since the molded cargo tray in the rear was cracked and the dealer had to order a new one. Well that will be replaced on Tuesday and I can finally put all my crap into it.

I have noticed that there does not seem to be many places to stash things away. And the center console seems small too.

Has anyone ever come up with a nice way to store things under the middle or rear seats? Has anyone come with any good ideas for the center console? I did make a little organizer out of wood today for the center console but it's not in there yet. I also bought a Rubbermaid triple cargo organizer for the back to keep things from rolling around. So far I do like that.

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
when you have the 3rd row seats folded down there is a small gap between the third row head rests and the base of the 2nd row seats, i use it to store a pair of bolt cutters, a tork wrench for the tires and also hava crowbar there but it is limited to thin items.

i had an idea of cutting into the covers over the wheel archs, as i have seen sub woofers there before on some one elses expo and when i had a look yesterday there is loads of untapped space there so you could always do something there?

phill

wakeboarderNH

Reaction score
I made this on Google Sketch Up - I still havent made it, but one day I will.

I want a punch of top opening little boxes, and I want a drawer coming out the back for my camera stuff.

Just to give you an idea.

( I was on skype with my Dad, I'm from New Hampshire but I'm in Ohio for school lol.

Attachments

• flasefloorexpy.jpg
    flasefloorexpy.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 527

eddiemoney

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What all are you trying to store? I can fit all sorts of goodies around the jack and in the cubby in the rear

OP
OP
obonaven

obonaven

Reaction score
I have blankets, jackets, gloves, tools, air compressor, cargo straps, snow brush, etc. The normal "crap" we tend to keep in our trucks. I do have a cargo carrier to hold a lot of it but it would be nice to stow it all away somewhere.

My home-made center console worked out well so everything in there is not rolling around anymore.
Interesting thing happened today; the wifey and I were at a produce store and when we got back out to the truck, the minivan next to us was smoking real bad. The lady popped the hood and flames shot out. I grabbed for my fire extinguisher, that I've always had mounted in all my vehicles for years, but it's not in there since I can't find a suitable place to mount/store it. :( The store ran out with one and 911 was called, but I think her engine compartment is a total loss.

Last edited:
OP
OP
obonaven

obonaven

Reaction score
I found out you can store items under the center seat (I plan to put a small shoe box sized plastic box under there. Even folded down the box can stay under there.