OT--Insomnia?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL--would prob toss the cats out the windows......hate cat hair where I eat.

Milk makes sense...it contains an amino acid- L-Tryptophan which helps the body to produce melatonin & will put one to sleep.

Sucks but I took yesterday off and only came in today because I got 4 hr of chemsleep.....yes, drug induced....so now I'm dealing with trying to blow out the fogginess but at least is was some sleep.

jeff
Espresso?

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I worked "on call" for years. I was forced to sleep during the day and at odd times. Try using eye shades/mask. They sell them at the dollar store. They block all light. They really help. I read, you can't fall asleep if your thinking about stuff(I know it sounds weird). White/pink noise puts you into a relaxed state. They actually make a machine that makes sounds of a stream(etc.) I found, I fall asleep, easily after a good workout or a long drive. Avoid all caffeine 8 hour prior. Finally, the best way to fall asleep is to try and stay awake. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I THINK I may have finally turned the corner. I went home early again yesterday and fell asleep...for 30 minutes but w/o drugs.

Last night I refused to take the Vistaril because I was still foggy from the night before and I think I may have gotten 4-5 hours of sleep. Regular sleep...wow!

My entire team noticed when I came in today, commenting that I have a lot more color....so hopefully, this is the end of this. What a friggin nightmare.

What have I learned?
1. That cognitive thought is the first casualty of sleeplessness.
2. That "connecting the dots" to form decisions based on dynamic inputs is nearly impossible so BE CAREFUL!
3. Don't be afraid to admit to being "compromised". I work for a mid-sized Mech Contr and as the chief estimator, I make bid decisions and final $$ decisions....we don't have ego's here so letting my team that works directly for me, double-check MY work was prob one of the smartest decisions I made because one misplaced digit could and likely would, cause serious harm either financially or reputation wise if we felt compelled to "pull a bid" because of an error that I made.

I only posted this issue because it blindsided me. Maybe somehow some of this will be of help to someone else.

jeff

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I THINK I may have finally turned the corner. I went home early again yesterday and fell asleep...for 30 minutes but w/o drugs.

Last night I refused to take the Vistaril because I was still foggy from the night before and I think I may have gotten 4-5 hours of sleep. Regular sleep...wow!

jeff
That's great Jeff I hope the insomnia is over.