Overhead compas/temp gauge problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mille1cw

Reaction score
Hi, my overhead gauge is reading considerably lower temperatures then what it actually it outside. Does this depict a faulty thermometer? if so where is it located and is it an easy fix? Also the compass is spot on, any help would be great!! Thank you

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mille1cw:

I can't tell you where the sensor is, but what are you using as a comparison for temps-two separate sources?

Depending on where the sensor actually is, i.e. sun, shade, etc., there could be variations.

I installed an aftermarket one temp gauge and the probe is behind the passenger side front bumper and it is very sensitive to road heat and if sitting in traffic for a while.
sure others will chime in & let us know what you find.

OP
OP
mille1cw

mille1cw

Reaction score
Well my truck is reading at least 15-20degrees below what it normally should be. I am using my smartphone/ weather.com for my reference point every morning. I'll do some more searching to see what i can find. I'll check the passenger side bumper as well

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well my truck is reading at least 15-20degrees below what it normally should be. I am using my smartphone/ weather.com for my reference point every morning. I'll do some more searching to see what i can find. I'll check the passenger side bumper as well

Yeah, that's certainly high out of specification. Again, I have NO idea where the OEM sensor/probe as mine was not outfitted with that. Sure others could quickly tell/direct you to it.

atle

Reaction score
not sure if you found the answer yet, but, driver side, right inside the front grill near the headlight

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Any chance it is reading Celsius????