overhead DVD/screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was looking at where mine was mounted, and it partially covers the vent and makes it a little difficult to get to the controls from the back seat, not that the kids need to be playing with them, but just some thing to think about, and when summer hits i will be putting one back in my truck, another thought is useing just a drop monitor, and adding a cd/dvd/ thumb drive sterio, i keep a lot of movies on thumb drives, works out great, i slide it in computer or even wifes car, and we play it through her system, its pretty nice, we will be adding head rest monitors to her car this summer to comlete the system

Last edited:

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea i wasnt there when his overhead fell but i got to see it hanging by the wires. Only reason it fell is cause it was heavy and had no extra support. Could have also been he mounted a 20 inch too lol

blacklow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a 15inch flip down and i remove the a/c controls, and wire them to work with just the front ones, so i dont need the rear ones no more. look in the show and tell section and look for my pictures they look kiind of blurry sorry.

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
blacklow... you happen to have any better pics or a how to to do the wiring for the controls?

06LimitedNJ

Reaction score
I picked up one to install in my old truck. I think it's a 15" flip down DVD/LCD monitor with inputs.

It comes with metal backing plate that goes on the other side of the head liner.

I can send you some pics of it if you are interested, I have had it for a while and never did anything with it. I would sell it cheap. It's new, I only ever hooked it up to a booster pack just to check to make sure it works.

I know I am new here and all, but I can give you references from the jet ski forum that I moderate, I have bought and sold parts with other forum members for years.

blacklow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
blacklow... you happen to have any better pics or a how to to do the wiring for the controls?

no but this weekend i was planning to do a HOW TO so that people that want to but a flip down could delete that back a/c controls and wire them to the front ones.

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it's not 15 inches but it is a flip down and while it does eleiminate the rear air, it shouldn't matter because you said you don't have the 3rd bench which is the only one affected, my hvac still works for the 2nd bench occupants. I put the ps2 (want to upgrade to xbox but worried about durability) in the center console

Picturenew010.jpg

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
screen is going onto back burner for a while... need to finish other mods... i simply bought a sony personal dvd player for my daughter does the trick...

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Overhead DVD

We have an overhead 11" Delphi aftermarket DVD/TV, and it is perfect! I dont like the headrest type Screens. It was easy to install, I pulled down the headliner, and ran two flat metal 3"wide strips from side to side to support it, and then used the mounting kit that cam with it, it is perfect!!

Attachments

• Copy of 100_4678.1.JPG
    Copy of 100_4678.1.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 654

gordizmom

Reaction score
Rear Entertainment System

I bought a 2000 exp. Eddie Bauer edition the other day. Pretty nice ride, well taken care of.
This is my first experience with a vehicle that has one of these players on board and no amount of searching online helps me figure out how to use it. Not that I intend to because I am the only person who will be in it. I just want to see how it works.
First of all I had to laugh when I found out this system takes a video cassette tape. Even for a 2000 I think this is antiquated. I figured that VHS tapes went by the wayside with audio cassette tapes that also plays in this truck.
I don't understand how the fold down monitor 'talks' to the rear player. This SUV has a lot of bells and whistles but I doubt that it has WiFi. lol

I'm sure some of you have this system in your trucks so how does this thing work?