Oxygen Storage Capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Angler

Reaction score
Replaced both catalytic converters on my 2017 EL. The old cats had some loose pieces in there and I had a P0430 code. I reset the codes but right now Forscan is showing the oxygen storage capacity for both banks are just above the max. I am going to check for leaks and make sure I tightened everything up. They are Magna Flow cat’s and I am assuming they are good quality and working properly. I did install new Denso oxygen sensors as well. I have attached the Mode 6 data showing the pending issue.

Any thoughts or insight would be great

Thank you

Attachments

• 41B22332-3B6B-44E7-A202-DF6D43AF455B.jpeg
    41B22332-3B6B-44E7-A202-DF6D43AF455B.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 23

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I happen to have done my oxygen sensors and the sensor 1 is supposed to go up and down on a graph and the sensor 2 should have a more steady value. At least in my old 2001. I expect the cat and sensors should be similar. So I wonder if you are certain that you got the right sensors. One is referred to as upstream sensor 1... you know Denson is a good brand so another reason I expect you know about the two types.

After googling oxygen storage capacity its the the amount the cat is able to process. I can only guess you got the sensors swapped.

OP
OP
D

D-Angler

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The sensors have specific connectors between the upstream and downstream so I can’t physically swap them. Maybe I’ll just try another downstream just in case I got a bum sensor.