P0320 code mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like Stamp mentioned your lean condition on those two cylinders usually a leaking vacuum hose, or a very common item that fails is the pcv valve hose. The fastest way to find intake leaks is have your intake/ Exaust smoke checked by a shop, unless you or a friend has the smoke machine. Where ever your intake leak is, smoke will come out from that spot. Saves lots of time spraying down complete intake system. The smoke will also come out to expose Exaust leaks, very common on the vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try resetting the pcm. If it doesnt work and everything checks out ok you may have a faulty pcm.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also make sure the plug wires are not showing signs of discharge through the insulation and that they are in the mounting looms/brackets.

From the "old timers" on here, one method of checking the wires is to watch them at night with the engine running at idle. Using something long and not conductive, move the wires slightly. Any leaks will be seen as a blue streak and accompanied by a crack sound.
Of course this is impossible with the cops.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Made such a lovely sound, sounded like a bug zapper, with a light show under the hood!

OP
OP
T

tyler.tsb

Reaction score
I haven't got around to diagnosing it because I work full time + over. But the truck is running fine out of nowhere and not skipping or jerking. The fuel at about 1/8th a tank. My PID does not show a Crank sensor or a cam sensor signal. It's an innova 3040c.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your the second one this week that the vehicle cured itself. It's a miracle! It's a Ford it will be back.