P0606 and P2198 codes after engine rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HarryM

Reaction score
Hi guys, having a couple problems with my Expy.

First of all it's a 2006 4WD Eddie Bauer edition. 5.4 3V engine. about 135K miles.

I had a post on here earlier where we talked about a misfire in cylinder 4. It kept getting worse and worse, so I went to the extreme and had a local engine builder rebuild my engine.

I got it back from him and I noticed that it still shook when I stopped at a stop light. Not soon after the check engine light came on. Talking to my regular mechanic, they pulled the codes, P0606 and P2198. They recommended I take it back to the engine builder as these codes weren't on the truck before the engine rebuild.

Before I could get it back to the engine builder, I had an episode where the entire truck seemed to just shut off. All my dash lights and my radio shut off. Not sure if the engine shut off, but it definitely lost power. After about a second, it all came back on as if nothing happened. I also notice that my radio will
intermittently shut off after the ignition is turned off, not when the doors are eventually opened, like it should.

The engine builder said my problems have nothing to do with the engine rebuild and recommended I take it someplace else to have the codes fixed.

So now I'm not a very happy guy. Paying about $6k for the engine rebuild and I feel I'm worse off than I was before the rebuild. I just want this thing to run right.

So, any ideas? Anything I should be checking or asking?

Thanks

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited: