Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '14 EL Limited is just starting to bubble along leading edge of hood and lower edge of hatch. Nothing along the edges...

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took my 2015 to the dealer yesterday when my wiper transmission broke. I asked that they give me a estimate on getting the hood and liftgate corrosion repaired.

The bodyshop manager called back and said that Ford has extended the corrosion warranty to 5 years and that they are going to replace my hood and liftgate. Nice.

nnuEp6z.jpg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took my 2015 to the dealer yesterday when my wiper transmission broke. I asked that they give me a estimate on getting the hood and liftgate corrosion repaired.

The bodyshop manager called back and said that Ford has extended the corrosion warranty to 5 years and that they are going to replace my hood and liftgate. Nice.

I would sure like to see that in writing !

Ditto. Ultimately, Ford Motor Co. makes the determination as to whether it will be covered, not the dealership. The dealership can only help steer the decision based on what they put in the initial complaint. Even if they do it though, they won't offer the limited lifetime warranty that any reputable body shop would, so in a few years you'll be right back where you started.

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The bodyshop manager called back and said that Ford has extended the corrosion warranty to 5 years and that they are going to replace my hood and liftgate.
Technically speaking, the was no stated "warranty" prior to 2016MY that covered paint bubbling due corrosion. The only warranty was for metal "perforation".

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think the "perforation clause" changed (in writing). Any replacement or repainting done seems to be on a selective basis.

from the Ford 2016 warranty ... "The extended warranty coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles."

Those 2 sentences are separate and distinct. The first sentence is not a precondition of the second sentence.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Huh...wonder if I still have time for my '14 EL LTD. We might be considered extreme environmental conditions here in the NE though. I'm going to check into it...thanks...