Paint code help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's an 08 with WS (White Suede) ext code, but I can not seem to find the bumper and plastic trim color. It's kind of goldish.

Friend is certain it's arizona beige, same as his 05 f-150 fender and bumper trim, but I want to make sure.

Thanks

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should be on the sticker on the door jam... usually 2 codes one for primary and one for trim

OP
OP
Miekk

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds simple enough, but I could certainly be missing something...
I attached the tag for you guys.

The rest of the codes don't come up with any Ford colors.
The 5W comes up as medium vaquero glow. That's the color of the seats, because this is an example I found and it's not the molding.

1979_00031_01.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00133.jpg
    DSC00133.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 559
  • 48708071.jpg
    48708071.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,233

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds simple enough, but I could certainly be missing something...
I attached the tag for you guys.

The rest of the codes don't come up with any Ford colors.
The 5W comes up as medium vaquero glow. That's the color of the seats, because this is an example I found and it's not the molding.

1979_00031_01.jpg

Miekk, the King Ranch has "Pueblo Gold" accent color, paint code "G3".

Just an FYI, the "5W" is interior trim, which on the King Ranch Expy is Charcoal Black trim with Chaparral Leather seats. Don't know where you got the "medium vaquero glow" thing from.

Matt

OP
OP
Miekk

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Miekk, the King Ranch has "Pueblo Gold" accent color, paint code "G3".

Just an FYI, the "5W" is interior trim, which on the King Ranch Expy is Charcoal Black trim with Chaparral Leather seats. Don't know where you got the "medium vaquero glow" thing from.

Matt

Thanks!

How would I have known it was G3?
And Ford has a paint code for 5W which is a color from 79' like the pick of the fox.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks!

How would I have known it was G3?
And Ford has a paint code for 5W which is a color from 79' like the pick of the fox.

I looked up the various paint codes for 2008MY Expeditions and cross checked the sales brochue which touts the King Ranch features "Pueblo Gold Accents".
Ford changes the exterior and interior paint codes every so often so it's important to make sure you use the code for that model year and vehicle.

According to the Ford Paint Code Chart:
"W" for a 2008 Expedition is "Charcoal Black" but on an F150 of the same year its "Tan Light Parchment".
The "Arizona Beige" on the F150 ended in 2006 then it went to "Vintage Copper". Only the Super Duy still used Arizona Beige in 2007.
Starting in 2011 the King Ranch and Eddie Bauer ( now XLT Premium ) now have a different "Gold" accent called, "Pale Adobe Metallic".

It gets confusing.

Matt

OP
OP
Miekk

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked up the various paint codes for 2008MY Expeditions and cross checked the sales brochue which touts the King Ranch features "Pueblo Gold Accents". ...It gets confusing.

Matt

Thanks for all your hard work!