Pics of my new engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On your lightning SC swaps, how many miles were on those engines? Just thinking your excessive blow by may have been from high mileage. My stock 5.4 had a consumption problem when I bought it with 137,000 miles on it, like a quart every 500 miles. I ran valvoline max life oil which is known for cleaning up stuck piston rings, and also ran a bottle of Zmax which also helps the same way, oil consumption is almost non existent now for the last 6,000 miles. BTW the first thing I did when I realized there was a consumption problem was install my PCV oil separator, I always run one in my vehicles. During the consumption problem I had to empty the separator every other day, now it's never got oil in it.

Our oil issues had nothing to do with blow by or worn parts. The problem was that the supercharger sucked so hard, it basically pulled the oil straight from the valve cover.

In fact, at one point I pulled the intake tube to make some adjustments and oil ran was literally running past the butterflies. Did the PCV delete and no more issues.

OP
OP
kentv6

kentv6

Reaction score
It's alive and nasty. Hoping to get it Dyno and tuned this week or next my tuner this trying to find a way to get it on his Dyno. It's way to tall.:pepper:

OP
OP
kentv6

kentv6

Reaction score
Installed my trans. shift kit tonight big diff. My tuner still working on a way to put it on the Dyno.