Pirelli Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed in their Pirelli tires. I only have 17k on mine and they are 3/4 gone. I don't think I will be putting those back on it again.

robertcope

Reaction score
That sounds crazy bad to me. How long are they warrantied for?

I'm a Michelin man myself, though I put Firestone Destination LE2s on the Expy and do not regret it. FWIW.

robert

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whatever you do, dont get BFgoodrich Rugged terrain T/As. Awful tire on an Expy.

Are u looking for an all season tire or more of an all terrain tire when you replace the pirellis?

Only experience i ever had with pirellis was also bad. I had a Crown Vic and put a set of Mustang take off wheels on it. Had Pzero Neros on them. Wore out fast and was bad traction even in rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've only got a few hundred miles on my Pirelli Scorpion ATRs, but I already dislike them. They're not the worst tires I've ever owned, but they're a bit clunky and if I take a turn too aggressively, they get "stuck" for lack of a better word. I can't really complain though as they were free (I argued for a new set under the terms of the Ford CPO).

Edmaude

Reaction score
I have had 2 sets on my 2008 They did an ok job, but the tread life is poor. My first set lasted about 28k and this was mainly around town driving. Second set lasted 40k but was all highway. Only reason I bought them again was a very aggresive rebate and sale program

I also had a horrible experience with the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain tires that I had on for 35k until they became horribly loud and dangerous in rain. I

I now have Michelin MS/2 on it and they are amazing. 20k and barely any treadwear. Also they hold balance, track well, and are quiet on the highway. They also do well in rain and snow

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whatever you do, dont get BFgoodrich Rugged terrain T/As. Awful tire on an Expy.

Are u looking for an all season tire or more of an all terrain tire when you replace the pirellis?

Only experience i ever had with pirellis was also bad. I had a Crown Vic and put a set of Mustang take off wheels on it. Had Pzero Neros on them. Wore out fast and was bad traction even in rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I'm in the minority here but I really like my BFG Rugged Terrains. I've put them through just about everything so far and they haven't let me down.

https://goo.gl/photos/tFwvieYYE4BFmKSs9