Possible tire problem??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geeserteg

Reaction score
Hey this is my first legit question on the forum.. Great place by the way! Anyways, I just got my 02 EB with 35K on it a few weeks ago. The tires run great at all speeds most the time but ever once in a awhile everything starts to shake like a tire thats out of balance. Its really strange because then it will go away and is fine aka smooth drive...lol It doesnt seem to have a pattern. Im stumped.. Never felt an out of balance tire go back and forth like that. Could this be a tire going bad or is it possible that I have some water in the tire? Anyone else experience this?

EXMAN

Reaction score
I had a 3" bolt in my tire that I fixed with a plug. It had a slow leak and I was tired of filling it up so I put some fixaflat in it. It fixed the problem but thru the tire way out of balance. It also was speratic in ballance. I plulled the plug to let all the goo out and replugged.
Check for a plug and if there is one present, you could have similar problem

dyurkosr

Reaction score
I think EXMAN is on the right track but I would have the front lower ball joints checked while the tires are being checked and re-balanced. A tire that is out of balance will not "come and go" Additionally, tire plugs should be used as a temporary repair only. Punctured tires should be patched from the inside so they can be inspected for hidden damage. Good Luck.