Power Behind Mirror Or Upper Console - 4th Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todrick

Reaction score
Looking for guidance in order to tap into power for my Valentine One. Ideally I’d like to tap into power from either the mirror or upper console. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance…

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking for guidance in order to tap into power for my Valentine One. Ideally I’d like to tap into power from either the mirror or upper console. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance…
Believe this is the correct link for what you want....

Welcome to the Forum!

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Save you some headache cutting the factory plugs, also the wires are pretty low amperage. It was gravy for me to run a lead down to the right footwell there is a fuse panel there. Way quicker and better option. I am always hesitant to cut factory wiring especially under warranty.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Save you some headache cutting the factory plugs, also the wires are pretty low amperage. It was gravy for me to run a lead down to the right footwell there is a fuse panel there. Way quicker and better option. I am always hesitant to cut factory wiring especially under warranty.
No need for cutting factory plugs, link above provides great instructions for tapping into power at the mirror. Very convenient, easy, and clean install.
Having said that, I'm glad you are happy with the method you chose. I might be going that route in the future for dashcam with battery backup.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No need for cutting factory plugs, link above provides great instructions for tapping into power at the mirror. Very convenient, easy, and clean install.
Having said that, I'm glad you are happy with the method you chose. I might be going that route in the future for dashcam with battery backup.

Agreed. if just radar then the harness plug works good. For Dashcam always best to have the yellow and red wires.