Power loss/poor throttle res. in 2006 5.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Yes, scans EVERYTHING! It will tell you everything that is faulty on the truck, even something as simple as y the seat motor doesn't roll up sometimes....

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, scans EVERYTHING! It will tell you everything that is faulty on the truck, even something as simple as y the seat motor doesn't roll up sometimes....

So I have no codes on the entire truck with multiple scan tools... He PCM read would tell me otherwise ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Yes. Take it to ford, a master tech there will know what to look for & how to read it correctly to know what isn't operating at full capacity.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I do this once a year with all my cars and my wife's car just before the winter hits, it'll give a report of what's happening and what to look out for in the upcoming months that way I usually take care of everything before winter hits so I don't have to freeze to death fixing something that I could've fixed months prior.

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do this once a year with all my cars and my wife's car just before the winter hits, it'll give a report of what's happening and what to look out for in the upcoming months that way I usually take care of everything before winter hits so I don't have to freeze to death fixing something that I could've fixed months prior.

Sounds promising... I guess I'll try to get that done after the brakes are fixed and also see if they wanna reflash it for me while I'm at dealer

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Master cylinder is installed and I still have the tranny issues and no engine codes AT ALL. I am just going to take the truck right to a tranny shop as my mechanic said it reading so kind of odd pressures and he suggested a good tranny place I'm going to try out

Maloburro

Reaction score
Master cylinder is installed and I still have the tranny issues and no engine codes AT ALL. I am just going to take the truck right to a tranny shop as my mechanic said it reading so kind of odd pressures and he suggested a good tranny place I'm going to try out

Hope it's something simple. Keep me posted.

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well figured I'd update this thread too for anyone following along... The truck was dropped off at the transmission shop I picked today.
It has a few new parts you can see earlier in the thread and nothing has fixed the issue and the still have yet to get any codes.
The tranny pressure is reading somewhat low in reverse and I am still on and off losing reverse and the truck is shifting hard and way too early still.
Guess I'll wait and see what they say but I hear the Jasper 4r75 isn't a bad tranny at all and I might look further into them