Power Running Board Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nameunlisted

Reaction score
Good Evening,

Regarding my last post, i also seem to be having problems with my driver side running boards. Sometimes they come out when i open the door, but they move in a way like they're shaking to struggling to open, and sometimes when i open the door one second they pop out and come back in, despite me not closing the door at all. And finally, after finishing to like say going out for errands when i open the door the boards won't come out at all.

Is this something as simple as a fix to adding WD40 on it, or do i have to end up fixing it?

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try cleaning them good at the swivel points with a wire brush, brake cleaner, and take it to the quarter car wash, then use a penetrating oil at the joints while working them up and down 4-5 times. I see all of these claims that various greases work the best but the truth is none of them get into the joints; that's why they invented zerk fittings. Do the above a couple times a year to keep them working well or put a new motor in if that doesn't work.

Mjhcobra

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Are there any tricks to removing the power running boards? The motor on my drivers side was broken when I bought it and I would like to replace it. I think it was hit prior to my purchase and the motor is separated from the running board.