Power Running Boards and mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I soak mine in WD-40 if they start to make noise. They stay ice-free and don’t make noise even in -30C.

DuraFlap

Reaction score
The splash guards won't work because they go under the truck.
The DuraFlap full size flaps work because they are sitting inside the fender well. Plus you do not drill nay holes in your truck to mount them. They are the only full size drill-less system. Take a look.

2012 ford expedition with running board.JPG

2011 Expedition rear 12in wide.jpg

OP
OP
T

tater

Reaction score
The OEM ones fit with no problems. Biggest worry was with the 20" tires clearing them, close but they fit. Not as big as some of the aftermarket ones but I like the look. Hope the photos load OK. Installation was a breeze although I did change one of the locations for the screw on the rear flaps. Power boards cleared with no issues.

100_5868.JPG

100_5865.JPG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OEM ones fit with no problems. Biggest worry was with the 20" tires clearing them, close but they fit. Not as big as some of the aftermarket ones but I like the look. Hope the photos load OK. Installation was a breeze although I did change one of the locations for the screw on the rear flaps. Power boards cleared with no issues.
That looks good! Thanks for sharing.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score

View attachment 23683

View attachment 23684

So?
As Long as I order the OEM ones that strictly fit in the wheel well they should do OK with the power running boards?

Forgot to ask..... do the OEM ones from Ford come pre-drilled? or do I need to 'fit' them myself?

Last edited:

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had a set of OEM Ford mudflaps installed. The shop that did the work told me they didn't have to drill any holes.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've put on the WEATHERTECH brand of mud flaps. They accommodate the power running boards with no problem. Installation was easy too. Thankfully they are not too obvious either; which I prefer. I am pleased and they were no more expensive than other the other choices mentioned.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Weathertech mudflaps fit great and work fine on my 2017 Limited with power running boards!