Power Windows and Stereo Out Intermittently, Not Gauge Cluster Grrrrrrr Maybe BCM ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firedawgy

Reaction score
My 2003 Expedition has an issue, go figure. Intermittently my Power Windows and Stereo go out together, then 1 sec or 2 days later they will come back on. Took it to a mechanic, not Ford, who checked the wires and found nothing, he then told me that the gauge cluster is the brain that controls all and that was the issue, so he removed it and I sent it off for rebuild. Rebuild company said its fine and the issue would be with the Body Control Module . Any of this making sense and does anyone have any recommendations? Should I stop farting around with my mechanic and take it to Ford? If it sounds like the BCM is that difficult to swap, or is it like the gauge cluster and has to be installed and programmed by Ford to the vehicle. BTW I have a 2003 XLT 4x4. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks all