Powerfold Mirrors not folding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overtow

Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I had the Expy in a few weeks back to have the mirrors reprogrammed so that they would stop the annoying full-extension pop issue. I just noticed this weekend that the mirrors no longer fold in when locking. Hit the lock button on the fob twice and nothing happens other than a honk. Same thing for attempts 3-7. Same behavior when using the keypad on the door. Is this user error?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I had the Expy in a few weeks back to have the mirrors reprogrammed so that they would stop the annoying full-extension pop issue. I just noticed this weekend that the mirrors no longer fold in when locking. Hit the lock button on the fob twice and nothing happens other than a honk. Same thing for attempts 3-7. Same behavior when using the keypad on the door. Is this user error?

It is a setting you can change in the instrument cluster menu.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, setting under vehicle (far right menu), mirror, “Auto fold”. When you had the dealer work done they may have UN checked this.

OP
OP
O

Overtow

Reaction score
So this issue has resurfaced. All of a sudden this week the power fold mirrors stopped working, and remote start from my keyfobs also stopped at the same time. Remote start from FordPass worked with no issues.

Remote start started working again today, but the mirrors still won't fold, it almost seems like they are 'loose'. I can adjust the mirrors with the controls on the door. Autofold is enabled in the instrument panel settings. Nice checked all the doors and liftglass to ensure they are closed.

Thoughts?

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So this issue has resurfaced. All of a sudden this week the power fold mirrors stopped working, and remote start from my keyfobs also stopped at the same time. Remote start from FordPass worked with no issues.

Remote start started working again today, but the mirrors still won't fold, it almost seems like they are 'loose'. I can adjust the mirrors with the controls on the door. Autofold is enabled in the instrument panel settings. Nice checked all the doors and liftglass to ensure they are closed.

Thoughts?

I had a similar issues last week were the mirrors wouldn't auto fold along with the key fob remote start, radio controls, a/c, & front windows not working. Turned out to be the battery. New battery installed & all issues gone. Bad OEM battery was 3 years old.

OP
OP
O

Overtow

Reaction score
I disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes last night, initially this was unsuccessful. I held down the powerfold button for a couple seconds, the mirrors acted like they wanted to move but they were 'stuck'. I did this about 10 times and they finally re-synced and are working now. There was a big 'pop' when they finally let loose and started moving again.

Not feeling great about the fix, hopefully this isn't a precursor to something else....

thanks!

Last edited: