Powerstroke in an Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrackerExpy

Reaction score
I know this has probably been discussed before, but what are the chances of being able to shoehorn an 01 Powerstroke engine into an 01 Expy? Also, what kind of cost would one be looking at?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The drivetrain and frame really aren't set up for the full sized powerstroke. Ford does have a 6 cylinder powerstroke, they put in in some vehicles. I have a feeling it will be offered in the expedition in the next few years....

Matt R

OP
OP
C

CrackerExpy

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't thinking about just the engine. I was thinking more along the lines of the engine, tranny, rear end, and shortened HD driveshaft, and custom 5 lug axle shafts to take the power the diesel puts out.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get some kind of f250, that matches the dimentions for length of frame. Rip the body of the Expy, and throw it on the 250 chassis. Then get to work adapting.

Maybe find a damaged 250 with cosmetic only.

If you ask me this will be extremely inefficient. SUV with diesel is excursion. If you wana a brand new one, get a 250 and convert it into a SUV. Find a toast excursion.

If you want to save money on gas throw diesel in your truck! lol You'll never get through it all! lol

Last edited: