prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dormammu

Reaction score
CCD = continuously controlled damping

Quote: Expedition offers Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD). A suite of electronic sensors continuously monitors 46 unique motions. The damping system responds in milliseconds to help keep you confidently in control. Choose from three settings – Comfort, Normal or Sport – for the performance feel you prefer. CCD is standard on Expedition Platinum and optional on Limited.

dlcorbett: thanks for the info! I'm not totally ready to give up on the Expy yet until I drive the Platinum. And I'll start a thread for ride quality. edit: I see you did it, thanks!

We had a QX that I like the ride very much, although spouse disagreed and said it was too floaty. I liked this truck alot but ended up selling it because we had to drive 2 hours for service and that became too much of a hassle.

We got into a Grand Cherokee, but that ended up being too small for me.

Tried to move onto a Tahoe, but backed out at the last minute due to the buffeting issues which we experienced on a short test drive.

Ended up with a 2015 Sequoia which was to be a temporary vehicle. 3 years later, we still have it but continue to look for a large SUV with the ride, drivability and features we want. I still hoping it's an Expy!

edit: one of the things I DO like about the Sequoia is the adjustable suspension. I use it quite a bit. It drives small and I consider it to be very easy to park around town. It's missing too many convenience features for us including keyless entry, push button start, a decent sound system, heated steering wheel, updated navigation, rain sensing windshield wipers etc. The QX had the 360 deg birdseye view camera which was fantastic and I'm eager to have that feature again.

Last edited:

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pricing update from my area...

Expedition:
- Fully loaded Platinum for 74
- Limited with RSE is 67
I've seen about half a dozen new rides around town this past week.

Navigator:
- Reserve with tech and audio package just sold for 81, 6k off MSRP
Haven't seen any rolling around town but was told about 5 sold so far.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since ive had mine dorman, i will say from your preferences, u should def go with the ccd option. Mines is a ltd 2wd without ccd and i absolutely love how it rides, but i do wish i was able to try the ccd before ordering without it. Me and you both like soft riding vehicles, the std suspension is soft to a pt. Its very european like, its very informative without being uncomfortable. To me, mines rides as good if not better than any vehicle i driven or owned outside, you guessed right, the ccd equipped vehicles. The ccd puts you on a cloud while the std suspension glues you to the road. Have you been able to test drive one with it yet? We are truly happy with our truck and outside of wanting the led headlights(the ride is great so im fine without the ccd), its perfect and want nothing else.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bumping for some more prices paid for those that wish to share and empower those that are coming late to the game, or just still saving up our pennies before walking into the dealers to begin negotiating.

GoBison

Reaction score
Msrp $82,605. Paid $76,281 Max Platinum 4x4, Tri-white, mid buckets, max tow

Josh Armour

Reaction score
$78,473, 4x4 Platinum Max fully loaded (towing package, chrome rear view, rear entertainment, etc).. Every box was ticked. I had to pay some fees and tax on top (like the ford protect warranty extension for 100k miles w/no deductible at 2800)..

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered mine. Max XTL with 201A, under $59K out the door, including all fees and taxes. No trade in. No BS from the Sales Manager, very pleasant purchasing experience. Should be here in 5-6 weeks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger