prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My price includes all incentives, taxes, fees, etc. In other words, if I went in and wrote a check for the vehicle, that's what I'd pay. I'm going to finance it because of the $1000 incentive to do so, but will finance as little as possible (making the largest allowable down payment), and paying it off after the minimum number of payments required. That's either 4 or 6 monthly payments, so I'll end up paying some interest. But the interest total should be less than the incentive.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, there are some people on here who need lessons in negotiation skills....You should be getting at least $5000 or more off sticker

Local Ford dealer here is already marking them down $5000-7000, and these have been sitting at this dealer over a month. They are not selling anywhere near full sticker price.......

upload_2018-3-22_14-2-37.png

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, there are some people on here who need lessons in negotiation skills....You should be getting at least $5000 or more off sticker

Local Ford dealer here is already marking them down $5000-7000, and these have been sitting at this dealer over a month. They are not selling anywhere near full sticker price.......

View attachment 24377

That's what I was trying to put nicely earlier, I would never purchase a truck at asking price or MSRP. If they aren't willing to move $5-10k it's insulting and they don't deserve the business anyway. You have to play the game and remember the dealer is not your friend, if they don't meet you on price walk out the door and wait for that phone call. Always tell them you are looking at the competition and mention their deals, tell them you're going down to the chevy dealership and they'll change their tune real quick.... remember they want to sell you their truck.

Last edited:

mssbf2011

Reaction score
Agreed on the negotiated price of my ltd probably not being the best around. I was focused on an out the door price that included my trade-in. The dealer just increased the value of my trade over KBB vs reducing the expy price.

Mine was 64,550 with adjusting for the extra trade-in value. Sorry for all the confusion. I guess it's harder for me to explain the true purchase price of expy than I thought.

Total out the door (minus the extra value of my trade): $68k (neg. off of $71,650) - $2,450 (extra trade in value) + $3.7k tax/fees - $1k incentive = $68,250

Crewmaster1

Reaction score

View attachment 24377

I hope you realize sticker or "msrp" is a ******** number. Use the dealer invoice price. That is what the dealer pays. Then there is a holdback amount that is built in profit if you pay invoice the dealer still makes the holdback. If youre good, u will get the dealer to give you some holdbavk money. After all that are the ford manufacturing rebates.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some very good deals out there on XLT configurations. That said, I didn’t do as well on my Limited as I had hoped. Partially because the Limited and Platinum configs are suffering from some availability issues and custom order lead times are 16+ weeks. I’ve been working with two different dealerships trying to track down the exact configuration I wanted. Finally found it without having to order. So that being said, they knew they had me and I wasn’t going to let a couple messily thousand bucks keep holding me up. Another identical config to mine except in platinum white showed up at another dealer yesterday and they’re asking a $7500 premium over sticker for it. All the dealerships around here are selling Raptors for $15K over sticker and inventory is moving at that price, so I can’t say I fault them for it if people are willing to pay.

Anyway... I came in a bit over invoice price on my Limited Max 4x4, 302A options, HD Tow package, 2nd row buckets. $78,505 sticker price and they gave me $2000 off plus the $1000 Ford Customer Cash and raised my trade-in value by another $1000 over their initial offer. Which actually put it $2400 over what CarMax was offering and $800 more than a near identical one was listed for sale there. So not terrible, but I don’t think I would’ve done any better here. Dealers seem to have 2 to 4 XLTs sitting on their lots, but they can’t keep the Limited or Platinums very long, most selling before they even hit the lot. Recent storms have a lot of the rail shipping held up so new inventory is slow to move west at the moment.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the XLT loaded with fancy ambient lighting and panoramic sun roof and intricate automatic this and thats for the wife to finger poke while I’m driving. I got the electronic 4WD, no tow package, no locking diffs, no rear seat entertainment, (kids use their phones anyways), no 360 camera, nice interior. I took the extra money I would have spent on All that and bought a quality used Silverado for going out in the desert and heavy duty towing. I wasn’t going to take a my $70k Expedition into the desert and scratch and ding it up. Dealership did good on my 07 Expy trade in. I think it was fairly priced. I’m hoping to get 12-15 years of daily use out of it.

So my point, if you don’t want or need it in the Expy, take the premium you would have spent and by a low mile used truck as the work horse vehicle and enjoy the Expy as the cruiser.

OP
OP
D

Dormammu

Reaction score
With dealers in NorCal unwilling to go less than MSRP for Navigators, we bought an Expedition Platinum the other day.

I had a deal to order one for $300 over invoice but ended up finding a dealer with one in stock.

We ended up with $500 under invoice minus incentives of $1,500, so $73,722 before doc fees, tax and license. MSRP was $79,195

4x4
shorty
platinum trim
white metallic exterior
ceramic interior
tow package
NO entertainment or 2nd row buckets

I'm happy with our deal....let's hope I'm happy with the vehicle, lol.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a bid from a local dealer that included a $500 doc fee. I chuckled and told him I don't do doc fees. The dealer I ordered mine from isn't charging a penny. Just state tax, registration, license, etc.

OP
OP
D

Dormammu

Reaction score
I got a bid from a local dealer that included a $500 doc fee. I chuckled and told him I don't do doc fees. The dealer I ordered mine from isn't charging a penny. Just state tax, registration, license, etc.

Our doc fee was $80 which was acceptable. $500...not so much.