Primewell Valera AT Tires...Thoughts Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have seen these tires on a few different vehicles and like the looks and reviews seem to be pretty fair.

I am in New England and looking for an AT tires but with good Pavement Prowling skills as well.

Anyone have these tires or k ow of someone who has, and if so what is the opinion?

Thnx

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have no experience. From a quick google search the consensus is they are a very cheap tire, in a pinch sure, but if you can get better go better.

With that said.

I got a set of Falken A/T3 and they have been fantastic so far. Definitely louder than the highway tires that came off, but all the reviews say they have excellent snow performance and I have had really good experience on and off road with them.

They are a very well built tire.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws without a doubt.
Windows up I can’t hear a difference from the factory Goodyear’s they replaced.
Windows down a very slight hum far less than I was expecting.
Tires perform flawlessly in dry, wet, and mud (very impressed how well they clean themselves). I have not had them in snow yet so I can’t speak to that but all reading is they are very good.
I paid $175 a tire for 33s.

My Silverado will need tires this year it will be getting them as well.

ztruke

Reaction score
2011 XL EL w/4wd: I am a septuagenarian and have been driving p/ups and SUVs for 35 years to include towing boats and trailers. I also hunt and have need to traverse corn and soybean fields a few months a year. Took a big chance and switched from AS to AT tires to tackle the fields, risking paved road noise, lower tread life, and handling degradation. Researched extensively and decided on 275/65R-18 Continental TerrainContact A/T SL. Simply put, I am amazed at the performance of these tires both on and off road. No road noise. Great tread life. Better highway performance/handling (read no side to side creeping). No mpg loss. They're not rock climbers but handle rain soaked crop fields far better than the AS's they replaced. And, their aggressive, but not overly so, appearance complements the overall look of the vehicle. Give them a look and read the reviews. BTW, love my Expy. Disclaimer: the bolded tire nomenclature above was copied and pasted from the TireRack website where I buy my tires. I am not schilling for them. I just always wind up there after trying to beat their deals elsewhere. Good luck.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Cooper ATPs on mine. Good tire. Road noise isn’t horrible, but it’s no highway tire. I have these tires because I actually use my Expedition offroad. I see you list your location as FL- do you actually get offroad or just want the look?

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've heard the Pirelli Scorpion AT tires are actually a really good mix of on/off road tire. They're all over the place for around the same price as the Coopers. Rumor is the tire is probably going to end up closer in price to KO2s and Nitto Grapplers, but Pirelli is keeping the price low while they work their way from the track into the AT market.

They're what I plan on replacing the stock tires with later this year. I would at least look into them.

Also, if you have Costco membership its worth buying the tires from them, even if they cost a little more (which they usually don't). The Costco tire return policy allows you to “try and drive” for up to 30 days (no off-roading or accidents). You’ll also need to keep your old tires handy or plan on buying a different set if you’re not satisfied. I did this on an old truck that I put some AT tires on and hated the road noise. So I just went back ordered a new set and they replaced them and refunded the difference.

WakeZone

Reaction score
I have the Cooper ATPs on mine. Good tire. Road noise isn’t horrible, but it’s no highway tire. I have these tires because I actually use my Expedition offroad. I see you list your location as FL- do you actually get offroad or just want the look?

I would say both but 'off road' is a relative term. My off road consists of gravel and muddy ruts with an occasional hunting trip to the hills of GA where 4WD is required. My cousin who does a lot of lift mods recommended General Grabber ATx but having trouble finding the propper load rating for the '17 XLT (116T).

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another good tire you might want to look into is Hankook RF10. It comes in a LT tire if needed. I had a set on my Jeep and Dodge Dakota. Absolutely loved them, whisper quiet, smooth and performed really well when I went hunting. I never had them in the mud, but dry performance is on par with the BFG AT2 from my experience, but it's a lot quieter and smoother ride.

The only reason I went with the Falken AT3 is because it's an snow rated tire and I plan on traveling to as much snow as possible!

cmk59

Reaction score
I like the Cooper Discoverers, but as I'm running the Valeras on my '07, my .02 is that they're good for the money. Even in cold temps, they've been stellar, and in the Oklahoma heat/rain, they're as good as any at the price.