Profile strips in the 07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Very cool. I would love to put some thing like that inside the upper portion to use as driving lights.
Its possible but the lens would still need to be opened. Check out the profile strips at Theretrofitsource.com. they sell a bunch of different lengths and could even add a halo around your projector shroud for even more light. They come in all different size rings and put a good amount of light down

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its possible but the lens would still need to be opened. Check out the profile strips at Theretrofitsource.com. they sell a bunch of different lengths and could even add a halo around your projector shroud for even more light. They come in all different size rings and put a good amount of light down
That's an idea. With the way the weather is here in Indiana I'll have to wait until spring before I open them up. I see where you can buy the headlight sealant in 3/16" and 1/4" rolls on Amazon.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
That's an idea. With the way the weather is here in Indiana I'll have to wait until spring before I open them up. I see where you can buy the headlight sealant in 3/16" and 1/4" rolls on Amazon.
I've tried a few from Amazon and wasn't a fan of the one's ive tried. Some are tough to work with, some thin out a lot when heated and make a mess, others harden up and make it a pain of you ever need to open them again. Order the retro rubber from TRS in black or grey. Its great to work with and seals up Well but also stays soft enough to re open if you ever nees too

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is sexy. I want. You’re draining my wallet with your cool mods. Stop it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
That is sexy. I want. You’re draining my wallet with your cool mods. Stop it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You gotta sell that tour bus so you can afford more mods!

I appreciate the compliment and the support. I enjoy lighting that performs well and looks good without being over the top. The aftermarket lenses just look cheap to me and performance is in the gutter so I'll continue to try and improve what I've already built... So your list of cool lighting mods will only get longer. Projector upgrades coming soon and going with a full oem setup so they'll be expensive