Progaming Backup Aid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gulfman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know the procedure for programing a new backup aid module. I understand it requires driving the vehicle at a certain speed and stopping and doing some other weird stuff.
Bob

B

bedrck46

Looking at the service manual for your year the calibration procedure is something that the consumer can't not do unless he has the correct test equipment.

B

bedrck46

The following was copied from the Ford workshop manual

Park Aid Calibration and Self-Test Diagnostics — Navigator, Early Build Expedition

Connect the diagnostic tool.
Place the vehicle in PARK.
Select the appropriate vehicle and engine.
Enter the active command mode for the parking aid module.
RUN the radar sensor calibration active command.
Exit the active command mode.
RUN the park aid on-demand self-test.
RETRIEVE and CLEAR any DTCs. REFER to DTC Index.
If any DTCs remain, Go To Pinpoint Test B .

OP
OP
gulfman

gulfman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The following was copied from the Ford workshop manual

Park Aid Calibration and Self-Test Diagnostics — Navigator, Early Build Expedition

Connect the diagnostic tool.
Place the vehicle in PARK.
Select the appropriate vehicle and engine.
Enter the active command mode for the parking aid module.
RUN the radar sensor calibration active command.
Exit the active command mode.
RETRIEVE and CLEAR any DTCs. REFER to DTC Index.
If any DTCs remain, Go To Pinpoint Test B .
Thanks Bedrck46. The information was very helpful
Bob

B

bedrck46

if you do your own work you may find the following very helpful;

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $10.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $10.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you do your own work you may find the following very helpful;

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $10.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $10.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

Bedrck46 - I have been meaning to ask you, are you morpheousking? :smile:

B

bedrck46

No I am not. I have found these manuals to be very helpful not only for myself but also in trying to help others I have also had the other manuals and when comparing what you get on the DVD's there is no comparison to the information that is available on the DVD's. IMHO they are worth much more that what he charges for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
gulfman

gulfman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No I am not. I have found these manuals to be very helpful not only for myself but also in trying to help others I have also had the other manuals and when comparing what you get on the DVD's there is no comparison to the information that is available on the DVD's. IMHO they are worth much more that what he charges for them.

I looked on e bay and did not see the DVD you referenced.
Bob

Chiefe9

Reaction score
Appears "morpheousking" is no longer selling on Ebay under this name. Did find DVD's from other sellers but don't list as working with Windows 8.1.