Push Bar - Is this too much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llhoneymoons

Reaction score
I was thinking about adding these to my truck.

Does anyone have any experience with these, or something similar? I was reading through an older thread and saw some comments about potential issues with the front parking sensors.

Any help is appreciated.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have seen emergency, utility, and other service vehicles with bars; not sure of the year vehicle though.
they may be from 'fleet' sales and didn't have the sensors?
I've heard of sensors being relocated; not sure of the effectiveness thereafter &/or voiding a warranty.

post up what you get before/after pics.
thanks.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have seen emergency, utility, and other service vehicles with bars; not sure of the year vehicle though.
they may be from 'fleet' sales and didn't have the sensors?
I've heard of sensors being relocated; not sure of the effectiveness thereafter &/or voiding a warranty.

post up what you get before/after pics.
thanks.

Fleet trucks dont get sensors.

You can also move or remove a "conflicted" sensor

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I was thinking about adding these to my truck.

Does anyone have any experience with these, or something similar? I was reading through an older thread and saw some comments about potential issues with the front parking sensors.

Any help is appreciated.
Please don’t

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience that getting in a somewhat minor crash with a push bar on a vehicle, the push bar will cause more damage than would have happened without it. They are not particularly strong and get crushed into the body quite easily.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I know certain insurance companies also don't want them on vehicles they insure because they can cause more damage or personal injury. You might wanna check because if your in a front end crash with one they can decide to Not cover the damage. I've already spoken to my insurance agent about this with my Nissan Xterra and was a no go from commerce insurance

Last edited:

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What bloodhound said: on the Land Cruiser forum I used to be active on, we called those pushbars and brushguards “damage multipliers” because a minor fender bender that might have only caused a scratch or small plastic dent would actually be made worse by those add-ons because they are relatively flimsy and mounted low so they bend back against the vehicle and actually have been proven to cause more damage. If you want armor, get a proper ARB type steel bumper. I had one on my triple locked cruiser. Somebody makes them for the Expeditions too:
957bfdfee8d29aa005c67f63066b49fd.jpgabfe845eeef6794dc7e90173e04cbafc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro