Push button start and key proximity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can put the key in a specially designed pouch that will block the key signal. You can then put it anywhere in the truck. Lock the vehicle with the door lock switch or keypad, Unlock it with your code.

I tried the pouch they gave me for my EZPass and the key still works.

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My cell phone can be locked with number code. They should make push button start vehicles, with a option to do it.
Ford (and Mercury, and Lincoln by extension) vehicles have had this feature for, literally, decades.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford (and Mercury, and Lincoln by extension) vehicles have had this feature for, literally, decades.

I think he means a vehicle that can be started with the keypad. I agree it would be nice to be able to unlock my doors AND start the vehicle from the number pad.

oldfordguy

Reaction score
I am not endorsing a product here, but I got this from Amazon for mine. It is the perfect size for the Expo key fob and it works. Sorry for the font, just the way it copied.
Naviurway Small Keyfob Guard Mini Keyless Remote fob Holder RFID Key Fob NFC Garage Remote Protector Driver License Faraday Bag

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I left the key in my coat pocket that I put in the cargo area at the back. Key not detected. Wouldn’t start.

I leave my key in the expy all the time in the door pocket and lock it with the app. I don’t even know what my door code is.

If they want it, they take it. Key or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk