Questions from a new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwnerd

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
New member here. I have a 2005 4x4 XLT in silver with black wheels.

I'd like to get a grill that would help complete / balance the look. I don't want to go with the complete murdered-out theme, but the grill has been bugging me for some time anyway. Plus I'd like to do the lower bumper opening to match. I was looking at this thread & that's close, but I'd like to find one that has the bars closer together & has the blue emblem. I can't help it, I'm a Ford girl through & through, & I LIKE the blue oval. Is it possible to add the Ford emblem to any of these grills? Sorry for the newb question, I just see very few of them that have the emblem.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer to stay with one that replaces my stock grill, rather than an overlay, but if it's a good one I'll look at it. I've also considered just painting mine to match the plastic lowers when I do those, but painting a grill seems like a bad idea.

Here's the rig (just got those shoes today, she looks so great!!):

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 50

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say, if like the look of the factory grill and just want it a different color, paint it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

nwnerd

Reaction score
Thanks!

What about the lower bumper opening? Is there any easy way of matching the stock grill in that spot?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

What about the lower bumper opening? Is there any easy way of matching the stock grill in that spot?

The Eddie Bauer grill will match. This isn't a great picture but you'll get the idea.

Attachments

• -4348779978399727302_6.jpg
    -4348779978399727302_6.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
N

nwnerd

Reaction score
You guys are great, thanks.

I was looking at this page, they have a couple of EB bumper grills but they're for an '03. Anybody know if that would work on my '05? I want to think so, but am not sure. I couldn't find one on LMC's site, may have to call them next week I suppose.