radiator support...i guess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano

Reaction score
Hey all, was under my 05 Expy changing the oil the other day, when I noticed something shocking. It appears as if I have a major rusting problem on the right front radiator support. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, has anyone replaced theirs, and do you have any tips for doing so? I have to do it myself if it is possible as long as I don't need to do any major cutting, welding or fabricating. Haven't done a Youtube search on it yet, because I thought I'd go to the guys who know best...Expedition Forum.com!
Once I get that tackled, then its off to locating and uplugging the moon roof drain holes/tubes.
thanks, dano

Attachments

• front right corner.jpg
    front right corner.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 199
OP
OP
D

dano

Reaction score
radiator support...I guess?

Hey all, sorry about the pic in the previous post, being rotated the wrong way, still new at this stuff, bare with me, as I will eventually get it right, someday.
dano

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines got surface rust there. I need to take care of it. Only rust on whole truck.

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Common problem on 2nd gen. The one on my
'05 is half gone, while the rest of the body is
mint. There are many threads on this if you search.
One has the bracket available for as low as $80.
But you have to drill out old spot welds and plug
weld the new one in. And living up here in the North
East, I would definitely add more rustproofing to
the inside and outside of the new one. This is a
big job for the shade tree mechanic.

OP
OP
D

dano

Reaction score
DarmahSD,
Yikes...didn't want to hear what I alread knew I guess. I did a pretty much full frontal repair ( front clip) on my 05 Focus. Didn't mind doing that, just hate the part where things don't fit real good. I suppose if I got an OEM support, it should fit better, and being that there is no front end collision involved, things should go back the way they came off...right?
Thanks for the input.
dano

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1