Raido goes out in Reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-pole

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, but had my 99 Expedition for just over 5 years now. It's been great, but now starting to have a few little flaws.

Anyways, yesterday, backing out of my garage, the radio turned off. When I put the truck in gear, it came back on.

I played with it for a while today, and in Reverse, the radio, and all it's lights would go out, and sometimes the idiot lights on the dash would come on (windshield fluid, 4x4, etc.)

In Park or Neutral, or and drive gear, the radio was fine, and didn't loose station memory.

Anyone ever hear of this problem, or know of a fix? Thanks!

OP
OP
T

T-pole

Reaction score
I have it in the shop right now. Should find out in a couple of days. Someone I know said that it could be a transmission range sensor???? I'll let you know when I hear something.

prob22

Reaction score
This happened to me over the last three days while driving in heavy rain and snow. When the truck is off the headlights will also come on which ultimately killed my battery. I've read that this may have something to do with a water leak in the electrical panel area. I will putting my truck in for service, but wanted to know if you have fixed the problem or not.

Ronbo

Reaction score
Any answers on this problem yet???

I just experienced the same problem with my 2000 EB. What happened is that when the headlights were on and the tranny was placed into either Drive or Reverse, the Radio/CD would then cut out. If I shifted to neutral or Park, the Radio/CD would come back on. The Radio/CD also cut out intermittently when lights were off too, but it was worse when the headlights were on.

Has anyone figured this out this problem yet?

OP
OP
T

T-pole

Reaction score
They said it was a tranny postition sensor. The shop said that they never heard of this happening in Expeditions, but was a common problem in the Taurus I believe.

I don't remember the cost of this, but they had it done quick.

Hope this helps, sorry for not updating this, thought I did:nono:

tmoral

Reaction score
Radio

I have a 2002 Expedition EB. The radio and the 6 disc CD changer all of a sudden didn't work, like theres no power getting to it. I checked all the fuses and found nothing wrong. All other electrical instruments work wipers, heaters, lights, VCR and etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

doublef

Reaction score
I have had the same problem. The 4x4 light flickers, windshield message. I have also had the starter engage with the car running. What is going on, alot of people seem to have this problem.

dtinnel

Reaction score
my radio cuts down but it always did this with the reverse senors but now thats all it does I do not here the beep tones of the reverse sensor help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tan Khai Nguyen