Rancho Quick-lifts questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quique309

Reaction score
Hello there everyone. I am getting ready to install new shocks on my 2012 Expedition El soon. Mine does not have factory air suspension to worry about, I am just replacing worn out shocks. I have never replaced these on a car before but I have done other maintenance work on my cars. Is there anything to watch out for when doing these? If anyone has Rancho shocks I would like to know if they are able to fit in the garage still after installing these.

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
I just had to do the same thing on my 2010 EL...I just replaced the shocks on it with Bilstien 4600s...and threw in a 3/2 readlift....I had read mixed info about ranchos on the EL...IIRC they dont make them for ELs...and it was about 300 bucks cheaper than the ranchos..probably only took me a couple extra hours labor to rebuild all 4.

Make sure you are on jackstands...took a 18" breaker bar and a 6' cheater pipe to brake the lower shock mounts on the front of mine but I do drive it on the beach...lot of prying and pushing to get them out and back in...luckily I was able to use a lift..probably would help if gave your garge height...lot of different size garage doors..i dont have any issues getting mine in the garage after...Be safe and Good Luck!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ranchos with LT tires seem to deliver disappointing results.... just a heads up

outdare

Reaction score
Ranchos with LT tires seem to deliver disappointing results.... just a heads up
Yes bouncy. Air the tires up to 40psi. It helps.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No the factory air pressure on my truck is 35psi. So up.

Factory pressure is for P rated tires in the same size and speed rating as stock.... LT tires are different entirely.

Factory stock pressure does NOT apply

outdare

Reaction score
Factory pressure is for P rated tires in the same size and speed rating as stock.... LT tires are different entirely.

Factory stock pressure does NOT apply
Learn something new everyday. :) thanks I'll look up the pressures for LT tires.

outdare

Reaction score
Guess it will depend on the load range of the tires you have on your expie.

Maximum Load

LT-Metric and Flotation Light Truck Tires Load Range
Abbreviated Max Load Pressure
Load Range B(LRB) 35 psi (240 kPa)***
Load Range C(LRC) 50 psi (350 kPa)***
Load Range D(LRD) 65 psi (450 kPa)*

I found this on tire rack.com