random misfire '97 expy 290k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkc1962

Reaction score
Ive seen plugs much more oil fouled than that and still not create a misfire problem. But I do see one problem AUTOLITE. I myself just went through similar irratic misfire problems on 2 of my vehicles, one a toyota with 180k and just last week my expedition with 110k. IN both Cases I had recently replaced the plugs using AUTOLITE Platinum. Both vehicles had eventual plug failures with less than 10k miles. I replaced the ones in my toyota with OEM. When I get the chance I will be replacing these in my expedition also with OEM. AUTOLITE can from this day fwd kiss my brown eye.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no carbon tracking on plug that I observed. Will go ahead and get some motorcraft plugs and update.. did you have any problem with aftermarket wires? I've used Aftermarket wires on several vehicles and never had a problem with them

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
motorcraft double plat plugs and motorcraft plug wires are on there way, got them for $92 after shipping and 5% discount on rock auto.. should be in Wednesday and I will install that weekend..

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also, I went ahead and grabbed a feeler gauge so I can check the gap before install, also, I got a wobble head extension for the pass side bank since the plug wells are angled to the back where the drivers side is angled to the front.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
coils are sparkling inside, PO used dielect grease thankfully. I do need to pick up some on my way home tomorrow eve. what bran do you recommend? I'll need enough to do another car too, my lady's '04 cavalier is getting a tune up within the next couple months.