Random symbols on message center 03 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Germangsone

Reaction score
I have an 03 expedition Eddie Bauer edition and I been having problems with the message center display sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, I have noticed that when it's not working a few things on my SUV stop working like back up aid, third row power seats, radio don't turn off when opening door, interior lights, also it shows some random symbols before it stops working. I had removed the panel and got to the connector behind the message center and check the wires but they look ok only that when I wiggle the connector message center seems to come back on.
Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 201

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it has a language selection...u may have to disconnect the batter for a while and reconnect and select english

OP
OP
G

Germangsone

Reaction score
Language is set to english, I tried disconnect the battery for a few hours but did not fix message center problem

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the 03 DOES NOT have a GEM

Condition
The message center is not operating correctly

Possible Sources
Instrument cluster.
Message center switch.
Circuitry.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you wiggle the message center what are you wiggling? The harness or the message center itself?

OP
OP
G

Germangsone

Reaction score
I wiggle the harness and the display on the message center comes back on but why is it that when the message center stops working all the other components stop functioning?

OP
OP
G

Germangsone

Reaction score
Where can I find the message center switch? I read on another thread about a violet wire that goes to the back of the cluster, they say it can have corrosion on the terminals but I didn't find it

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Message center switch
C253
in dash panel, driver side

Attachments

• message center switch.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 85