Raptor Grille Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I figured I may as well start the thread and add to it as I go. Saw this on a different forum and thought it looked pretty sweet.

Raptor style LED grille lights-install pics - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

So far I have 3 of the 4 mounted. Thunderstorm rolled in so I am waiting to put in the 4th. Basically they are amber 10mm LED bolts from superbrightleds.com. I used 1-1/2 in corner brackets just cause that is what Walmart had when I was there late last night. 1in corner brackets would work too. Then I just got an epoxy from O'Reilly and started glueing them on. I will post a pic of two of them on so far in a little bit. If you want to know what the finished product looks like, the pictures on the first page of that link I posted has just that.

As for wiring, my plan is to run the positives from each light into one main positive wire, which will then run over to the minor positive wire on one of the turn signals. Ground will then just go to the frame. From what I can understand, this should work, but let me know if you think it will not.

I will post more pictures once the rain lets up including what they look like mounted to the brackets.

EDIT: Here is the pic of the two in so far, the wires will eventually be tucked away up above and I will paint the brackets with plasti-dip as soon as everything is in.

picture.jpg

Last edited:

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing it but then got distracted with my whole dash being off and stuff! I wanna see how it looks tho!

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, maybe I am missing something

forgive my ignorance, but is there a point to these lights, or are they simply a visual styling thing?

OP
OP
FordandPolaris

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
picture.jpg

No real point other than to just add lights and draw attention away from my dented bumper haha. I always thought the markers in the grille looked sweet and so I put some in haha. I was really bad at taking pictures as I went, but if anyone has questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to go back and get some pics if needed.

I will take some tonight after work too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordandPolaris

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had seen a couple guys that had put some space between theirs and it did not look as good to me. If you look through that F-150 thread in my first post (there is a bunch of pages, but there are a lot of interesting pics) you can see what I am talking about. This was the way that seemed to look best.

Camera kind of let me down on this one...

picture.jpg

Last edited:

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmmm i think the people in town would get mad if i added more lights... lol... they complain my headlights are bright enough, all i want is the KC lights that go on top the Bull bar ....

OP
OP
FordandPolaris

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wanted to do something like this but kinda hard with my current grill

There is a guy in that F-150 link towards the end of the thread that did some lights on a billet grille. He confirmed that it was not easy though.

I should add they are not technically the grille lights used in the Raptor, nor are they in the same spot, or even the same number as the Raptor (I am guessing people knew that already), the inspiration simply came from the Raptor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69