Rattle can Paint Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was something I have always wanted to do since seeing the low dollar wheeler episode of xtreme 4x4. 8 cans of primer and 8 cans of flat olive drab for under 60 bucks. The hardest/worst/most time consuming part was masking everything I didnt want to shoot green. It came out a little lighter than I wanted but its growing on me. This way when I scratch it up on tree limbs offroad, I can just spray a new coat on and good as new!

14f5674c.jpg

97dfd983.jpg

ee058ad6.jpg

2442b047.jpg

7a83b458.jpg

28b42f4c.jpg

807571b3.jpg

8e0f986f.jpg

c4190e37.jpg

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
or when the tree limbs scratch it deep and the red comes back through...it will look like a big martini olive....JK....LOL...Looks good...

fatboygixxer

Reaction score
I must admit, when I read the title of this thread I thought to myself "this has FAIL written all over it". But I gotta tell you, that came out really nice. I like how the decal on the back glass ties it all together. Great work!:happy107:

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks ok... i like glossy paint but hey it worked out pretty good being spray cans...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not bad. Better than I expected.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like some info on your hood mounted lights. Did you do a thread?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good job on the flat paint...ESPCIALLY being can spray...how many did you have to go through for the entire truck???

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It took me 6 cans to paint the whole truck roof and all. I wanted to do something different to stand out and I'm glad I did this color!

98 expy 5-0- I didn't do a write up on it but all I did was very easy. There was a screw on each side right where my lights were. I removed the screw and drilled out the hold so it was big enough for my light mounting bolt to slide through it and under the plastic
There is a metal tab which I also drilled through so lights were cranked down on metal and not just that plastic piece. It's hard to explain but if you take a screw driver and loosen up those screws you will see exactly what I'm talking about.