Rattling in my door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x43V

Reaction score
This is a 2005 Expedition, I figured Ford would understand how to make a quite interior by now. What the hell is rattling next to my window switch? I took out the switch and it wasn't the problem. Anyone have a clue what else it could be? What's prone to rattle in the doors of the 2gens?

Sent while dropping a deuce!

OP
OP

4x43V

Reaction score
I wish Expeditions had the same amount of fans the mustang has.

Late responses kill me...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wires within the door panel? Does it rattle all the time?

I guess I should see if I have any rattling. Normally the music is on too loud to notice :p

OP
OP

4x43V

Reaction score
Wires within the door panel? Does it rattle all the time?

I guess I should see if I have any rattling. Normally the music is on too loud to notice :p

Yes, all the time!! What would be the stealership cost to look at it, for me? Or, is the rattle problem usually obvious when the door panel is off? I've taken Mustang door panels off many times. Is the Expedition's door panel more difficult than a Mustang?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well ive never worked on a stang but i will say the door panel on my 1st gen is fairly easy to get off. I also know that we've had the door panel off on my old man's, which is an 04, but i do not remember how to do that one. We just searched around on google for how to do it, there is plenty of stuff out there.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, it's pretty easy to take it off. I think one of the How-tos for door handle LEDs tells you how to take it off.

I'm not saying taking the door panel off will solve your problems, but, for the 5 minutes it'll take you to look, it might be worth it to take a look.

OP
OP

4x43V

Reaction score
Found the problem: who ever reassembled the door last time didn't line everything up correctly and the unlock button was lose in the housing. So, I wedge a small piece of electrical tape to snug the fit. The door is solid as a rock now. If I could just find all the other rattles in the back of the cab.