Readylift 3/2 - highway ride, mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobvance2005

Reaction score
Thinking of doing the Readylift 3/2 on my 2021 max fx4. Would probably upsize tires a little too. Will be doing some mild offroading.

But does the lift affect highway ride quality or gas mileage much?

OP
OP
B

bobvance2005

Reaction score
Bump - I've been through a bunch of threads, but nobody gives any mileage numbers before/after Readylift install. Most people seem to say the ride-quality isn't much affected, though, which is nice.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd guess a 1-2 mpg hit, depending on speed and driving style.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went from Stock to 35x12.50x20's that are ten ply E Rated. It dropped my milage 3-4 MPG with the same driving style. In my opinion the tire choice will affect the ride more than the lift itself. Bigger, heavier, wider and more aggressive tires will change the ride and MPG of a stock vehicle. Then add the higher profile to the equation. Tire pressure also changes the ride drastically if you need the full load capacity of the tire you pick.

OP
OP
B

bobvance2005

Reaction score
Ok, thanks - helpful. I won't be running 35" tires, so hopefully won't see more than 1-2mpg of impact.

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
Ok, thanks - helpful. I won't be running 35" tires, so hopefully won't see more than 1-2mpg of impact.
So I started off with going to a 275/70/18 tire from the stock 22" platinum's in a MT tire and saw probably 3mpg drop roughly in city but I can still get 21mpg on highway if I stay under 70 but I also live in the north east where its all mountains. I didn't lift it for probably 10 months later and I will tell you I barely could notice any difference from the lift itself in MPG loss or ride quality. I think a lot of people do both at the same time and dont realize that the tires especially going to a MT that is 10ply will ride much harsher and blame it on the lift.

RedRyder281

Reaction score
Thinking of doing the Readylift 3/2 on my 2021 max fx4. Would probably upsize tires a little too. Will be doing some mild offroading.

But does the lift affect highway ride quality or gas mileage much?
Put 3/2 kit on my 2020 a few months back and honestly it really didn’t affect the mileage enough to be worried. On a highway roadtrip even with a rooftop carrier loaded down, i only lost about 2 mpg and still got almost 500 miles on a tank of gas.
I haven’t done the tires yet, I know that’s going to change the ride more than the lift so I’m expecting maybe another 1mpg. Realistically, with the kit and tires, look to losing at least 3-4mpg and a louder ride. Doesn’t sound like much, but in a crunch you just lost roughly 60-80 miles per tank.