Really need to do Brown Wire Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of the time I have the fuse pulled on my 4wd system. The front axle binds like it's engaged while making tight turns with the fuse in. So until I have the switch wired up for the BWM, I have to mess with that fuse.

Today it snowed a decent amount and I drove to work entirely in 4HI. For grins I tried the AWD setting and gave it some gas to get it to engage and was not thrilled with the result. It engaged in and out, in and out. So back to the 4HI setting.

Pulled some car out of a snow bank just leaving my neighborhood. And saw 6 cars all lined up in the ditch on a curve.

On days like this, it's easy to spot the Californians and Texans who have moved here.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I find it is hunting and pecking a lot also. We still don't have snow here (weird weather for Ottawa Valley) so only notice on rainy days.

My ABS modulator and rear ABS sensor is out so I kinda of chalked it up to that sending bad data to the ABS but maybe it just sucks as an AWD system.

When I can notice it going in and out my MPGs drop from high teens to low teens. It's erratic. So much work to do on this truck...

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's my favorite part of my '98, the 2wd setting.
Before I lost my '99 in a divorce, that AWD thing annoyed the hell outta me!

Declansdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Awd was acting up so I brown wired it. Best thing I've done so far. Super easy to do.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani